Ment 2 B!

Growing up I loved music but didn't really start listening to it on my own until I was about 11 or 12. Until then whatever I listened to was what my dad played in the car i.e. UB40, Hoaikane, Ka'au Crater Boys, or what he played at home like on christmas we never went without listening to Stevie Wonder and Jackson 5...NEVER!. So as grew up I was exposed to whatever my dad listened to. In about the 6th grade I wanted to listen to stuff in my room so I took my dad record player and put it in my room. Now remember this was the 90's already but my first music player was his record player, and the only records he had was Stevie Wonder recorder. Classics. This is where I first heard, Master Blaster (later remixed by a young local singer but I never thought he did it justice), Happy Birthday, Isn't she lovely, Love's in need of Love, and an unknown song call I am singing which he sings in African, French and then English. Now in my family this song is special because back in '86 or something when my dad was a body builder he used this song in the Mr. Waikiki competition which he actually took 2nd place in. But I feel in love with this song simply cause it's awesome (well to me anyway).
Ok fast forward till one week ago, I had put the song "I am singing" on my phone and was playing it as I was cooking when Kaai heard it. I was surprised when he got excited to hear it and said that he had been looking for that song forever. I looked at him strange simply because most people have never even heard that song unless u are a major Stevie fan. So anyway he jumped on the computer so he could listen to it more. So I had to ask how it was that he know MY SONG :)! He told me that when he would stay at his aunty's house, she would play this song all the time. And when she would leave his brother and him would turn it on and blast it.
I had to laugh because this is not the first time this has happened with music that we both love. I think it is jsut another reason we are ment to be.
**So now u have that u have listened to it on our playlist, u have introduced to the wonder that is Stevie, cause he da bomb!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introducing...

A Blessing For Hala'i...

A Taste Of Home!