My "Holy Crap" Moment...

Last week I got up and got dressed like regs then turned on Kaleis cartoons for her and went to take the dog out. Well as I walked out the front door I totally forgot that I had to pull out the dead bolt because the handle on the door knob is broken and can't open from outside, so I closed the door behind me and realized what I had done. I locked myself outside while Kalei was in the house watching t.v. So I let the dog do her thing then I started knocking to get Kalei's attention. When she came out we worked on trying to open the door. After that didn't work we tried looking in my back pack for the extra garage door opener, but once she saw the snacks in my bag she got distracted and that was the end of that. Later I tried to get her to climb on the couch so that she could unlock the window for me so i could climb in there but that was totally a lost cause. Now I know most are think go through the garage, which yes I thought of but I don't know the code, and I had left my phone in the kitchen so I couldn't call Kaai. So for two hours I tried to get Kalei to do what she could to help and she tried but never really followed through, except with trying to open the door. I even tried climbing up the back porch (cause there are no stairs), and I got up but couldn't get over, my tummy was in the way. So finally I went net door hoping someone was home. Luckily someone was and I used their cell phone to call Kaai to get the code of the garage. Kalei was happy I was back in the house when I finally got in.
That was totally scary and when Kaai came home I made him fix the door knob so now it actually opens from outside. Even though it is fixed I still get scared everytime I go out that I might not be able to get back in. Not an experience I want to have again.

Comments

kaelakiana said…
Hahaha... I would have totally freaked out too. Bot knowing me, I would have probably just broken a window and then made Marshall fix it when he got home for not fixing the door sooner, LOL... Miss ya girl!

Popular posts from this blog

Introducing...

A Blessing For Hala'i...

A Taste Of Home!